Monday, August 25, 2014

What Happened at the 2014 VMA Awards

I’m going to be honest here. I didn’t watch the entire two plus hours of the VMA Awards. But based on what I did see, this is what I thought.

The first song I watched performed was "BANG BANG BANG." And let me just say, the performance was really good (the twerking was a little disturbing, but that didn’t stop the entire crowd from cheering at the top of their lungs). Also, did anyone notice Iggy Azalea's expression when Nicki Minaj was dancing? (Pictured on the side). It was literally the funniest thing. Ariana Grande and Jessie J's vocals were good, and the ending came together well. Except for the part where Nicki Minaj couldn't zip her dress. 

Taylor Swift's performance was something else. It wasn't mind-blowing, for one thing, but I don't think it was bad. The whole "I don't care if it's the VMAs, I'm not jumping off there," (when she was standing above of her back up dancers) was a creative touch to her performance, but the whole thing seemed very forced, in my opinion. I felt like she kind of over did it.  

Sam Smith. Why. Why. Why. The singer most known for his single "Stay With Me" kind of just of killed me a little. After listening to the song on the radio dozens of time and hearing him perform live . . . well, it was nothing I expected. I didn't dislike it, but I just felt like I had such high expectations and he did not at all live up to them. Probably one of the biggest disappointments of the VMA Awards, but all the same, he finished with a loud group of cheering people.

Let's just not talk about 5SOS, because c'mon, it's 5SOS obviously they were amazing. Flash forward two performances and Iggy Azalea and Rita Ora take the stage and sing "Black Widow," both of them wearing matching black spandex body suits (pictured on the side). This song kind of reminds of my blog. Black Widow. Spider. Gossamer Web. Nah?

Beyonce was killer because she's Beyonce and there's nothing more to it. Her daughter is adorable by the way.

I truly believe there were some great moments during the 2014 VMA Awards, whether it was during a performance or when an award was given out. Also, shout out to all of the award winners (although I'm a little confused why "Royals" was awarded the best rock video). Also, cudoos to Miley Cyrus for spreading awareness of thousands of people without a home by getting a homeless man to accept her award on her behalf.

So that's all I have to say of what I saw at the VMA Awards. When I first started blogging, (approximately three days ago) I never thought I would write about this stuff but I realized this is the kind of things I like to write about. Even though when I look back at this in a like a year and be completely embarrassing for writing that sounds as childish as this all wrapped together with snarky comments that weren't even all that funny, all I can do is ask anyone reading this is to excuse anything that was close to annoying.

I would also like to add everything I wrote was my opinion and I don't mean to offend or criticize anyone, I just want to share my thoughts with anyone that would like to read them. 

Signed,
The Gossamer







No comments:

Post a Comment