Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Dear Finals, Please May I Eat You? |A Poem|

Hey guys. Midterms are so close and I am currently dying. Can't deal with school right now. I couldn't think of anything to blog about and I don't really have time right now, so sorry. But I found this poem I sort of don't remember writing and I thought it was kind of fitting considering my situation. Comment below if you want me to make a post about Studying Tips or something similar. Enjoy. 


Dear Finals, Please May I Eat You? 

Summer is like a reprieve
Days are made up of moments
Not long hours
Glued in a wooden chair
In a cramped classroom
Windowsills
Spanning an entire wall
Placed ever so mockingly
So that you find your eyes
Gaze into the outside world

I am tired
I am tired of sleepless nights
I am tired of fall
But I am okay
Because I know when the
Leaves part from the branches
And the snow takes its first
Leap of faith
And falls loosely
In small flakes
And just when you think its over
It storms down
But it will get better

I can’t breath anymore

But wait, spring will arise
I can smell it
Look, the flowers are blooming!
And the sun is peaking out of the sky
Soon, soon enough
Summer will return home

And all will be well

No comments:

Post a Comment